LP Pinsonneault blog's

Windows 8, Windows Phone, ...

NAVIGATION - SEARCH

Windows Phone 7 : Pivot Control

One of the most interesting UI interface is the Pivot (some call it Panoramic). I look in the tools provide by Microsoft to see if the control was available. But at this time, there was no control available. So I've look on the web and find a lot of interesting stuff on that subject.

I found some blog showing how to create the this kind of interface. Here is some links:

I’m also following Tim Heuer on Twitter(and on his blog)  and he post some reference on controls that implement the Pivot. Those controls are very easy to implement, because they implement template so we can implement as many section as we want. So you only have to refer to the DLL and use it as any other controls.

I hope you will find these links interesting.

Regards,
LP

Comments (8) -

Thank! for good post. Useful for me and another one.

I love the windows mobiles, had iphone up till recently but found these much better.
Danny

Sorry for the huge review, but I'm really loving the new Zune, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you decide if it's the right choice for you.

I thank you for informing us about this news. I am a bit late, but it doesnt matter. I often visit your blogs. IT is my favourite sphere of knowledge and I read everything connected with it and that is why I hope to read more of your posts!

What about your template sipsakas?

Andrew Pelt
Andrew Pelt

Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid that combines qualities of both the Touch and the Nano. It's very colorful and lovely OLED screen is slightly smaller than the touch screen, but the player itself feels quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.

Andrew Pelt
Andrew Pelt

The Zune concentrates on being a Portable Media Player. Not a web browser. Not a game machine. Maybe in the future it'll do even better in those areas, but for now it's a fantastic way to organize and listen to your music and videos, and is without peer in that regard. The iPod's strengths are its web browsing and apps. If those sound more compelling, perhaps it is your best choice.

biuquote